An apple daily
An apple daily and
its effect on our health
What an easy fruit. You don`t have to peal it, cut it nor cook it. You can just take it and enjoy it immediately. And you may even choose what color and taste.
Since 150 year we know the saying that “An apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Does it really have any value eating an apple a day? On the other hand would this saying have maintained such popularity if there wasn’t some truth to it, right?
Ripe apples on the tree
Compounds in the apple
So let us make some investigations and check out what the apple offers us.
- Pectin – Pectin lowers both blood pressure and glucose levels. It helps maintain the health of the digestive system.
- Boron – Boron supports strong bones and a healthy brain.
- Quercetin – It shows promise for reducing the risk of various cancers. It may also reduce free radical damage.
- Vitamin C – The immunity boost
- Vitamin A+E – These compounds can have a profound effect on reducing the risk of heart disease, diabetes and asthma.
Last but not least, apples also act as a toothbrush. While chewing it kills bacteria in the mouth, which may reduce the risk of tooth decay.
So enjoy your next apple knowing you are doing something good to yourself.